A Very Sunny Blog Post
I’m delighted to say that my wee Musings & Mutterings (Previously known as my BOF – Blog on Friday) has been nominated for the ‘Sunshine Award’ (YAY!) and as I like sunshine and sunflowers, I am doubly happy to accept it.
The Sunshine Award is ‘given and passed on to bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere,’ and that makes me even happier. The thought that my wee blog could inspire anyone creatively makes me get goosebumps on my goosebumps.
Acceptance of the award comes with the following instructions:
- Acknowledge the person who gave this award in a blog post.
- Do the Q&A below.
- Pass on the award to 10 deserving and inspiring bloggers, inform them and link to their blogs.
So, first of all, oodles of thanks to Jenny Alexander, @jennyalexander4 on Twitter, who blogs at Writing in the House of Dreams, for nominating me for this award, and for all her support over the last year and a half (my Twitter and blogging life so far.)
Secondly, here are the Questions and my Answers…
1.Who is your favourite philosopher? I don’t have one. I like the random things that people say that surprise and enlighten me. Having said that, much of what Zen teacher, Shunryu Suzuki, says, and much about his life and teachings, really resonate with me and my own thoughts on life. David Chadwick’s ‘Crooked Cucumber: The Life and Zen Teaching of Shunryu Suzuki’ is a fascinating book.
2. What is your favourite number? 6 – it is my birthday date and I’ve always thought of it as my lucky number.
3. What is your favourite animal? The elephant. All their wisdom and gentleness is held in their eyes.
4. What is your favourite time of day? All of it! From Spring through to Summer, I particularly love the early mornings and dusk because I love to hear birdsong and watch the bats fly around our house at dusk.
6. What is your favourite holiday? Every holiday I have had has been my favourite at the time I am taking it. I find it impossible to choose. I do love Wales though and have been there for the last three years. The Welsh mountains around Beddgelert are one of my favourite places on the planet!
8. What is your favourite non-alcoholic drink? Water. I don’t do caffeine but I do like a cup or two of de-caf tea most days ~ it’s a writer’s prerogative.
9. What is your passion? Life and living it… if I had to choose… my friends, my children, my hound, writing, drawing and painting, reading, teaching, drinking wine, eating cheesecake, music, dancing, walking though woods, burying my face in a lavendar bush, lying under trees… you see how hard it is?
10. What is your favourite flower? The hellebore. I have loads in the garden and would be quite happy to have a garden full of them. I also love snakeshead fritillary and lavendar.
Now, I’m going to cheat here because I don’t have 10 blogs that I regularly read and want my choices to be genuine. So, I am going to award the Sunshine Award to 5 people who I feel really do inspire others and whose blog posts I read without fail and always enjoy.
1) Julia Munroe Martin: Julia’s blog posts are a joy. Funny, original, downright hilarious at times, thoughtful and profound. They are like a box of Quality Street – you never quite know what you’re going to get but it is always yummy!
2) Emma Pass: Emma is one of the most supportive people on twitter and supportive of others’ blog posts. She is also open and honest about her writing journey, which I know inspires a lot of other writers.
3) Nadine Tomlinson: Nadine is also incredibly supportive of other writers and of her fellow Jamaicans. She regularly gives blog space to others and celebrates with them.
4) Nettie Thomson: Nettie’s posts are funny, honest, well-written and heartfelt. They are always a pleasure to read.
5) Jo Carroll: Jo’s posts are often inspired by her travels – of which there are many – and are inspiring in themselves, often looking, not only at the places she has visited, but the people she meets along the way.
So… many thanks, again, to Jenny. This will probably be my final 2012 post ~ where did the year go? Thanks to all for accompanying me in my musings and wishing you all a fun and food filled Xmas and loads of writerly lucky for 2013!